Friday 11 May 2012

Starlight Express is back... tonight is opening night!



Last week I mentioned on this blog how much the Andrew Lloyd Webber show 'Starlight Express' means to me and how it fuelled my love for the theatre. Well this morning whilst watching BBC Breakfast, hello Auntie Beeb, they announced that a brand new touring production is opening tonight at the New Wimbledon Theatre in London!

'I'm just the fastest thing you'll ever see... that streak of lightning you just missed was me'

This of course got me excited because I love this show, whats not to love about a show where people whizz around in amazing costumes singing great little ditties about what type of trains they are and how they will win the grand race. It is exciting and vibrant and I really would like tickets to see the tour. I think it will be interesting to see it in its new form, as it differs from its original London production. After all you cannot have a race track built into every theatre so for the races, which were a massive part of the London productions, are now going to be done with a 3D race effect. Last time it toured my sister did see it with the, then quite new, race footage instead of live races and said that it lacked something. I think that given the unique style and novelty value of a musical on roller skates I could forgive it for not featuring the same production values of the West End version.

(Your favourite train musical with added celebrity Gardener)

To find out more information about this production and this tour please go to this link here.

The next twelve months are beginning to look expensive regarding productions I want to see what with Sweeney Todd, Book of Mormon next year (more on that later) and now this tour of Starlight Express. Here's hoping it tours to Brighton with reasonable ticket prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment