Tuesday 8 November 2016

Education: Read it with RIC resources - Billy doesn't like school really

As many of my readers know, I am a primary school teacher and the past 3 years have been spent really focussing on my practice as an educator.


I am glad to say that more drama/theatre posts will be up over the coming months as things have stabilised in my newish career now and I have found what I feel is my groove and am able to balance work/home life in a slightly wiser way. This is mainly because of LibraryGirl and the plethora of amazing teachers I have met who have introduced me to techniques that have aided me in my ability to provide good quality learning experiences for my pupils.


One of those teachers is Mrs P Teaches, who I was lucky enough to meet at a W Sussex teachmeet. Her ideas were brilliant and she was bubbling over with passion for learning and it was just so inspiring I instantly changed my reading lessons to her model which is named Read with RIC.


Today I have attached an example of my task that my class will be doing in approx. 45 minutes during our Guided Reading lesson.





I am happy to say these lessons are turning out to be a success and I hope they continue to do so as the year progresses.


Stay tuned for further posts including:


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Drury Lane review, Wicked review and after Christmas some views of the plays on in London and my wishlist for the coming New Year.


Stay safe and enjoy your week my friends.

1 comment: