Saturday 8 January 2011

New Acquisitions for HeadTheatre and Room at the Top Drama Academy

Ok so today being Saturday I abandoned all hope of sanity and calmness and went shopping downtown amongst the sales crazy general public. It was manic and stressful but considering some of the gems we found today in the shops it was well worth it. Despite always telling myself to take it easy when it comes to purchasing more books it seems I never listen. Here is a list of the new additions to the RTDA Library purchased today:


Romeo and Juliet - York Notes (always handy to have)

Romeo and Juliet - Cambridge School Shakespeare

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard

Distinguished Company by John Gielgud (a beautiful hardcover copy)

A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller

WHSmith GCSE Literature Guide to Macbeth

The Panizzi Lectures 1998 'Publishing Drama in Early Modern Europe' by Robert Chartier (this one looks fascinating)

The True Book About The Theatre by Anthony Read (as opposed to the Untrue book about Theatre)

and

The Actor and the Target by Declan Donnellan (I had to read this after rewatching his emotive scene when PJ gets blinded at the paintball course)

So yeah a great little haul today. Oh and of course I know Declan Donnellan and Declan Donnelly are not the same person I was just kidding, in all seriousness I saw the book in Waterstones the other day picked it up read the back and instantly wanted it so I am very happy with that purchase in particular.

Remember that on Monday RTDA and HeadTheatre will bring you chapter two of Approach to Theatre as we continue my homeschool education. Have a nice weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment