Tuesday 18 May 2010

From the horses mouth: Jeremy Hunt speaks

First things first Will Gompertz is becoming one of my favourite writers on the arts sector and today I read an article linked to something very close to my heart. The Budget cuts and Election are causing troubles for the arts sector and I have covered the story since the beginning of the year and you can read those articles here and here. However the latest talk from the Coalition government has come out on newsnight where Culture Minister Jeremy Hunt claimed he could easily cut £66 million of the spending easily. I could rant and rave about the injustice and insanity of this claim plus the hypocrisy of The Liberal Democrats who normally support the arts not fighting against this change but I am going to let the article by Gompertz do the talking for me. I suggest you sign up to the feed for his blogs because they are fascinating.

Here is the link to his latest blog: CLICK HERE

Xtofer

No comments:

Post a Comment